Monday 8 May 2017

Where am I in the industry right now? (Blogpost missing from PDF. Printed version included in folder)

This post is a bit different from 'learning experience summary'. This one is a second part of the end of module self evaluation, where I focus on how my interaction with the industries has gone during this second year.

The setback of having to design the CV, website and everything else to have the creative presence that is demanded from any creative, has been very helpful in order to have a clean way in the future. I am very aware that this stuff should have designed during the first year of PPP, but it's also true that this aspect of design is constantly evolving.

The visiting professionals and the trip to Berlin (especially visiting Pentagram) have been a mind shifting experience that has allowed me to have a better understanding of how everything works. There's much left I have to learn, but it is this kind of knowledge professionals in the sector have shared with us that make us really evolve towards our professional career.

I've made contacts and I want to make more by visiting studios or doing internships during the summer. I think at this point in time doing placements can have a great repercussion on my future when it comes to get a job straight out of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment