Saturday 6 May 2017

Placements

I have kept a constant interest in improving my understanding of how the creative industries work. I had planned for my COP3 research (branding) to go to a studio like Alphabet so I can see in first person how the process works. Abbas Mushtaq, partner in Alphabet, was very nice inviting me over. I also told him that the best way to understand what they do might be doing internships with them, but that's something that might be better to be discussed in person. Doing internships would kill at least two birds with one stone: research for my COP3 project and an awesome studio to learn things from that can be applied in my future career.

I have also applied for internships with Elmwood, which creates identities and their projects are very varied, something that interests me. I called the studio to know who was the hiring manager or the HR recruiter for the position so my cover letter and e-mail had a defined destination.

These are other studios in the area I'm interested in applying for internships. The application will take place in the next weeks before June:

Giant leap productions
Only
Alphabet
Build
Blind Club
intermarketing
Studio 12
Motiv productions
Oblique Studios
She was only
Brass
Teabag
Principles Agency
Rockstar Leeds
Numiko
Made By Pi
TwentySix
Epiphany Search
Delete agency
Stickyeyes
Branded 3
Enjoy Digital

I've also spoken with John Watters to see if I'm doing all right in terms of getting an internship, showing him the e-mails and my plan. He suggested me to check on LinkedIn the alumni of LCA and see where they are working, which can potentially be an open door to take advantage from.

No comments:

Post a Comment