Monday 1 May 2017

Rebrand, CV and cover letter

I wanted to work again on the brand I made for myself last year to make it work in a wider and more formal context. With the presentation of the platform Future Rising and my experience trying to find placements for summer, I soon found out that I needed a CV and a cover letter for many applications. Despite many of them accept LinkedIn profiles as CVs I thought I was missing the opportunity of presenting myself through design.

So I decided to design a template for my cover letters, CV and portfolio. Chris Do, an important designer who teaches designers how to interact with real world problems, suggests that the amount of work you should show to a company it's 3. 1 and 2 pieces of work are not enough to create a pattern for humans, but 3 is enough for an employer to know what it is that you do.



The information and the design of the CV has been informed by an extended feedback I got on the Facebook group The Designers League. Many different designers from around the world suggested me how to make this CV as good as possible. One of those who commented hires designers in a studio in LA and it was very motivating to see that he thought my CV worked very well. The post can be seen here.
This is an example of portfolio I intend to send to Elmwood. This will vary depending on what the studio is focused on.


















The website has also been updated to match this new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment