Friday 20 October 2017

Lumen

At the end of August I applied to have paid internships with the local audiovisual company Lumen. They needed a Graphic Designer for a short marketing campaign based on flyers to let people know they moved their headquarters. They contacted me after sending them my CV, cover letter and portfolio.

Before starting to work with them, I made some research into what they do and it's important for them. The first day went so well with them they offered me another project to take part on (Light Night Leeds). During the first day I questioned why they wanted to design a flyer and I wanted to know what made them take that decision and if it was the best choice for their audience and message. They liked how critical I was, not taking anything for granted and showing how I really cared about the project.

In the end, we decided the best was to design a flyer alongside with e-mail signatures that went along with it. I came up with different concepts, hashtags, colour combinations and so on for them to have choices.

At the end of the week, I put together a PDF file for them to send it to their contacts to have some feedback that it was considered, discussed and applied afterwards.

This is what it was sent away:

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment