Friday 4 March 2016

Presentation

- What have I learned?No wrong or right. Just hard work that backs up your arguments.

The myth of inspiration. As Picasso said "Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working".


How important is networking.


- What I want to learn?

I'd like to be able to create my own system (a canon, if you like) that allows me to choose colours, typefaces, etc, based on my own style, which I don't know which one it is yet.

- Mistakes

Looking on internet for inspiration (Lord Whitney explained this very well). To avoid this, I tried to come up with my own stuff without having any kind of reference. It's hard to do this, we can't forget how certain things are usually designed (example: currency) but it can result in very original outcomes.

- Strengths. How to improve them?


I think one of my strengths is that I always try to learn something from my mistakes and apply what I learn to future projects. For this, I find very useful to have someone else that can tell me about my mistakes.

I think I am very resourceful, but not enough yet after seeing what Lord Whitney was capable of. I can get more from less if I do more research and I spend more time in exploring alternative ways instead of choosing just 1.

- Weaknesses


Thinking other's work are always better than mine. More self confidence.

Low networking on internet


Haven't gone to many exhibitions

- What have I enjoyed?

Doing work I wouldn't usually do has made me explore new limits.

The little moments when, after hours of work, an ace idea comes through. (and then it wasn't that good... but at least you feel good at first).

See how different people interpret the same things differently.

- Disliked


Nothing really. If I have to mention something... I would have liked to share college with film students.

- Expectations vs reality

I expected challenges, and I have been beaten up. The course is very self demanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment