Tuesday 15 March 2016

Self-evaluation

During the creation of the presentation for Studio Brief 3 I had to do a self-evaluation, and now it's time to put on the blog the ideas behind it.

In terms of what I've learnt, I'd like to think that it has been many things. It's been an intense year, and it's difficult to number all the things one by one. But I consider important everything one learns and it's applicable to other things not just in Graphic Design, but in life. For instance, I've learnt that right or wrong are concepts that don't exist. They are in our mind. What really matters is the hard work. The inspiration is important as well, but it only works as a complement to the hard work. And another thing I think is important to highlight: notice, if you want to be noticed. If one complains about the world ignoring his work, then it's time to see what the world has to offer that we are so obsessed with our stuff.

Now, looking what's on the future I'd like to learn everything that has to do with graphic design in cinematography. Branding, branding within the films or tv series, promotions, etc.

Looking back, I've made some mistakes. Like thinking my work is not good enough, like others. Not trusting my criteria and creativity and looking for other's ideas to feed mine. Another important thing to improve is the testing area: I have to try more in order to have different choices at the end.

My weaknesses are, in short, time managing. If I manage better my time I could go to exhibitions and other events without worrying about college's work. That'd mean that I'd be doing more networking, which is really important.

My strengths, I am a resourceful person. I'm able to change the problem if I can't find a solution to one. Even though, I have to be it even more. Lord Whitney was a very good example of resourceful designers.

From this course I expected challenges, and I've had more than that! (way too much) but it's been very positive and teaching. Studying in another country has been really teaching, as I've had to fit in another culture, learn another language and get used to another system, which I'd like to think it has made me a better and more flexible person.

No comments:

Post a Comment