Friday 4 March 2016

Evolution of self-branding process

What started as a logo has become the theme of the brand that represents myself. After having been trying different ways to add depth to the business cards, using the logo I designed to create a pattern was revealing: the logo doesn't work that well to tell all the thing a logo should, but as a theme it's has the right depth, and it's a playful resource.

Designing the business cards are making the rest of the project evolve around them, which I don't see it as a bad thing, but all the opposite: it makes everything else improve. The initial idea was to make different colours for the business cards to give a choice to someone from the beginning, conveying flexibility and interactivity (like someone that listens and offer options)

The blue-green colours I chose for the logo have become the main colours of my branding, but not the only ones. Like I said in the previous post, the blue-green represents my passion for cinematography and cityscapes. But there are other things I like (that's the whole purpose of my branding) that can also be represented through colours. So now there are more colour swatches to choose from:

- Coral/orange colours, the warm choice opposite to the blue-green.

- Purple: It's a colour I always liked and I think it represents how free of prejudices I think I am, not being afraid of using colours other male designers might be. Like explained with the up-side down triangle, I'm not only not afraid of showing my femenine creative side, but I'm also proud of it.

- The almost neon/green colour swatch it's fresh and also represents my interests in sports and exciting activities. I used to film basketball games in the court next to my house, and my shots were liked enough to be contacted by a street team called Streetflavour to go and film with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment