Sunday 6 March 2016

Self branding production

Logotype

The logotype was the first thing I decided to design so I could develop the rest of the theme from it. In the previous post I show how I got to this shape. This has been the evolution afterwards:



The shape of the initial logo didn't convince me much, so I thought about making a mosaic with it and using it as a theme rather than a logo. When used on business cards, presentation template and animation the result was quite engaging, so I decided to use it like that.

The typeface used for the logo is ITC Ronda. This decision was made after trying different typefaces that could make a contrast with the crisp triangular shapes. The subtitle in Baskerville, which makes a good combination and contrast with ITC Ronda. Body text is Montserrat, a free version of Proxima Nova, which is very similar to ITC ronda but more legible and appropriate for body text. I changed my title from graphic designer to media producer, as I think those two words define me much better, because I do video production and some other stuff rather than just graphic design.


Business cards

This was the first thing I started to design after the logotype and it helped me to define the theme that is going to represent me. Here are different approaches I had and how they have been developed. I first started with vertical approaches



Then I tried the horizontal ones


More vertical ones:


After all this experimentation I concluded that the design that represented me the most was the following due to it's simplicity and minimalism. The others using the triangle as a logo were problematic, as they created too much contrast or they faded in the background. The horizontal choice was a choice based on layout and the potential engagement.


Signature for e-mails/forums

I also designed a signature that can be used as footer note in the e-mails, forums and other platforms. It contains the same information as the businesscards. I used the blue range of colours to make it stand out from a most likely white background. I followed the instructions of this video to make it as engaging as possible.



Website

To be able to easily design the website I used adobe portfolio. It would contain a section for projects, an about and contact section. Also, links to other social networks I work in. The intention of the website was to make every section with the header in a different colour, which I think it's not possible. But if other platform were used to design the website, it's something that shouldn't be hard to do.


Animation


As I aim to be not only a graphic designer, but also a video producer too, I designed an animation as intro for my videos in youtube, vimeo, etc. It contains the social networks I use, which can be made a button in youtube.

I used the theme previously designed for the business cards along an elegant music and presentation of the logo, but with a touch of old school hip hop, a style of music I really like and has influenced my work in great measure.




No comments:

Post a Comment