Wednesday 4 April 2018

More placements

After LazenbyBrown invited me over to have placements, another agency in London was interested in me after seeing my portfolio. Anatomy Brands is a design agency John Watters recommended to get in touch with and I happened to like the work they do. I think I can learn a lot from them and I'm excited they got back to me. Date and arrangements have yet to be confirmed, but they will probably take place after the module ends.



Another agency that called me in for an interview is Thompson Brand Partners. This is an agency I'm really interested in working in for several reasons. Their work is impressive and they have worked with important brands like Harrogate Waters, The Hepworth or East St Arts. During the interview, I soon realised how much value I'd get from working with them for a few weeks. Got super valuable feedback on my work, we had some interesting conversations about clients and project management and they were really nice to me. They are also in Leeds, which is a huge advantage instead of going far away for placements. The interview went really well and they told me I would get an e-mail both if I get chosen or not.

When they e-mailed me for the placements I told them that it'd be best to do them in a few weeks if possible as right now I'm going to do placements with LazenbyBrown. I was straightforward about it and explained that I want to do placements in different places to see what my value is in different teams. I was also honest about the fact that I'd like to travel after finishing at university and try to find a job in a different country. They appreciated my honesty and I don't know if it was a smart decision, but I'm glad I was honest about it and didn't have to hide anything. I wouldn't want to make others feel that they have been wasting their time or money.

No comments:

Post a Comment