Wednesday 4 April 2018

Helping other designers

I had a great conversation with another designer that needed help in charging one design he needed to do for a client. I want to share it here because this way it's easier to illustrate the points that are made. In summary, I explained him the methodology Chris Do (#doism) teaches in negotiating with clients. This person was going to charge around $130 and he was able to charge $500 more with the tips I gave him. It was super satisfying to see this and a great way to make sure I've learned what Chris Do teaches. It also allows me to learn from others experiences.



After this, I've been asked to write a blog about the business of design. I would love to and I will, but I feel unsecure if I do that without having the experience to back up what I say. I might start a Youtube channel in Spanish in the future so I can vlog about my progression as a designer and explain Chris Do's theories to Spanish audiences and also have my own inputs from the perspective of a learner. After this conversation, another designer that was reading it asked me how to increase the rates of an old and dear client she didn't want to lose. I recommended to tell this client that she was increasing her rates, for example, from $100 to $500. But since that person is a very good client and she really appreciates the relationship with them, she can keep it at $300.

She was super surprised and thankful of my insights throwing me crazy compliments. I insisted to check TheFutur channel, as they are not my ideas. I'm just learning from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment