Monday 6 February 2017

Unique Selling Point

In some of the workshops I assisted to this year the concept of Unique Selling Point (USP) has been repeated quite often, and thinking about it, it's hard to tell straight away. It is something that requires reflection and time.

Researching on internet about ways to identify this quality of one-self, I've started to realise that the aspects of what I consider the best of me (strategic mind-set, critical thinking, multi-disciplinary, Initiative) have all something in common: I think a lot about stuff. That can be a good and a bad thing, but the USP is not to appeal to everyone, is to appeal those who think alike or have the same values as me. Besides, I think is better to be too thoughtful than to be thoughtless.

If a design it's not thoughtful, it's not mine. I get obsessed with everything!
Designing without obsession is pointless.
Get obsessed, and let the obsession take you where you haven't been before. Let the obsession find impossible links.

"I embrace obsession.


It is what made me leave my home to learn a new language and go to university 3000 km away. It is the responsible of why I play an unknown musical instrument. It is what drives my career. It is the only way I know.

Obsession makes possible the impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment