Sunday 12 February 2017

Anecdote with Twitter

Some of the talks we've had in the studio made emphasis on how important is the use of Twitter on the creative industry. I've never been fan of twitter, but I gave it a go.

The 7th of February I shared my project Musics and the account of fans of Carlos Núñez (the musician that the book talks about) shared the project. This was something good as the project got more views, but something else happened.

Another musician shared my project, a bit upset, and ironically posted that how come Carlos Núñez had a book edited and he didn't. He was trolled by one friend that made him believe the book was actually mass produced, which resulted in a polemic around my book and more visits.

Many people said that they would pay for a book like that. I would produce it, but the problem is that all the photographs in the book are copyrighted and the book would be about another person, which I'd assume I need his permission to publish it.

Nonetheless, it was an interesting anecdote that made me realise the power of Twitter as a social network, where everything is public and is engagement in conversations is easy and doesn't require introductions and chit chat. It is also a great place to find out about more studios. I am always trying to comment their work or publications giving a critical thought about them. I've also posted the studio brief 2 of OUGD504 and tagged Studio Only in it thanking them for the help, but they didn't reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment