Tuesday 21 February 2017

The studio for the people: Studio 12

Studio 12 is a studio that I already knew about. In fact, some years ago I spent a couple of days over there asking them questions and trying out their camera. I found out about them through the project Writing Britain, which has been one of the most inspirational projects I've encountered with. Its work alongside the studio Left Eye Blind has been always very inspirational to me, so having Claire giving a talk about them was great.

I really like their approach of teaching people out of the creative industries and studies how to engage with this field, but I am not sure if it's something I would do in the future. I like to focus on making stuff, and despite I see the value in giving your time to teach and help others, I am not sure if it would be for me.

It was my understanding that they do portfolio revisions, which would be very nice in order to know how to improve mine.

After the talk, I went straight to Claire to let her know how much I admire their work and what I knew about it. I even contacted people who participated in Writing Leeds to make something with them, and eventually I made a music video with Yannik, one of the speakers in that project. She told me that I should visit their studio and that a new similar project was coming out in three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment