Monday 26 March 2018

Online Portfolio

During this year, almost every project I've done for the university has been uploaded to my online portfolio. This is due to the fact that I have been carefully choosing my briefs so they could add value to my portfolio in one way or another.

The process I usually follow is:

1.- Upload the project on Behance. Once this is done, it's automatically uploaded to my website (thanks to Myportfolio). All I have to do is adjust the order it's presented on the layout and a couple more aspects.

2.- From Behance, the project is shared on Twitter, Facebook Page, LinkedIn and Instagram. On Instagram I normally do a series of stories and publications with a link to the project in the bio. On Facebook, I also share it with the groups Tiquismiquis, The Designers League or Logo Geek if relevant as well as the Discord chat I'm running, Designers Creed. Those platforms that are not mine, I normally talk about a different issue and show the project as an example. That way people can relate to it easier and it's not pure self-promotion, but the fact that I'm sharing my project is justified. For example, this last project was accompanied by a reflection of how some projects one thing is gonna smash it and nothing happens vs projects that seem quite average and gives us better results.

3.- Upload the project on Doméstika. This platform doesn't have as much activity and users are not so willing to like projects (UI might be a problem with this), but it's a good way to promote my work in a Spanish speaking community. I have been featured twice there, which is also something interesting to add to the CV or mention in an interview.

Following this process with every project has allowed me to reach more people, make new friends and get placements.

No comments:

Post a Comment