Thursday 7 December 2017

You've got (real) mail!

For this task, I was thinking it would be a good idea to design a small version of what I've got thought for the studio brief. A poster that encapsulates that concept. The front can be a quote and the back can have a small letter.

The objective of this poster is to call their attention and potentially create an opportunity for internships in the future.

It's important to be clear about what I want and to demonstrate to them that I've spent time learning from them.

Tell them that I want to learn more about what they do, and why it fascinates me. It's important to highlight a clear point of guidance and what I expect to get from them.

Ask for a creative recipe.

I like to collect quotes. I also watched this video to get more ideas. These are some I was thinking to use for this poster:

"You're The Average Of The Five People You Spend The Most Time With" Jim Rohn

The letter could be along the lines of: "I'm on my 3rd year, I'll go back to Spain soon and I'd like to take some of the knowledge I can potentially get from you with me". Also, "any little bit of time you could spend with me I find it incredibly beneficial for myself to study and get into your process".

Another idea is to say "if you think there's opportunity for me here I'm willing to work to learn as much as I can during my time with you".

Eventually, I decided to design a poster for my favourite studios in Leeds and Manchester. It is my intention to go back to Spain by July, so it'd be a great opportunity to spend some time with them.

The studios are:

Only
Rabbit Hole
Alphabet
Build
Oslo
The Archipelago

I have a very clear request, which is mentoring/internships to learn the most I can from them. Maybe my style or what I do is not exactly in the lines of what they do, but it's important for me to understand their process to grow as a designer.

So I decided to create a poster based on the quote from Jim Rohn that has a letter on the other side.

This is what I've designed. The design is inspired in the work of my favourite designers.






I got some feedback from Alec to improve the text and make sure that the message gets across. I printed them on 280gsm yellowish stock that has a more 'hand-made' feel to it. I bought A3 hard envelopes and mailed it on Thursday night.









No comments:

Post a Comment