Saturday 11 November 2017

Instagram peak

I'm working on a project in collaboration with the photographer Sara Acosta. I've been building the publication we are making together and I thought it'd be a good idea to share some of the work I've been doing. So I uploaded it on Instagram.

Interesting and annoyingly enough, I get no likes. I normally get about 10 likes automatically after uploading something. I've always thought that the algorithm helps you a little bit and there are always people liking your stuff, so you visit their profiles. But this time, those likes didn't even arrive. I even thought I messed the algorithm up.

Sara didn't know anything about this, and she decided to re-post my images. What happened was something that wasn't that great, but it definitely surprised us. She got nearly a 1000 likes for one of the pictures, becoming the most liked picture in her Instagram. She has a bit more than 1300 followers, and I bet she gained some because of that picture.

It was very funny to receive a message from her asking: 'what is going on???'. I felt useful, and I'm glad she is getting the attention her work deserves. This is a good start for her to understand how much I can help her and increasing my network in my hometown.


No comments:

Post a Comment