Tuesday 14 November 2017

Applications - Brief interpretation

The first brief of this year is to increase our presence in the industry by creating our own website. That's a project I carried out last year and I laready have my website published under my own domain alexzorita.com and from there all my social media profiles can be accessed. All of them are professional profiles During summer, I also designed a template for my cover letters, CV, portfolio and invoices.

For this year, I had planned something different. Something to make sure I was going to be able to get the job I want. For that, I wanted to make something like an "application pack". I wanted to make something that could make a good and powerful first impression. I don't want to be that guy that pretends to be called by just leaving my CV. I want to let them know that I like what they do and I care about what they think of me.

The initial idea consisted in a flat box that would contain my CV, cover letter, business cards, a printed version of the portfolio and 2 or 3 notebooks with different grids for logo design. Everything with my brand and logotype on it. I also wanted to take advantage and use this project to collaborate with someone else that would help me with the packaging. Although, after speaking with Alec at the very beginning of this project, Alec gave me a better idea: to make a physical publication of similar work to show them I understand what they are doing. A single publication could be tailored for the studios I'm interested in as a fictional project based on similar briefs they've had in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment