Monday 6 March 2017

Looking for placements

In the last month I've been contacting different studios looking for placements during Easter, but so far there has been no luck.

Some studios have been hand-picked by me, like Blind Club, Typeform, Zoom Agency, etc. I've send e-mails pointing out something about their work and linking it with mine to show interest in what they do, but there hasn't been any luck.

I've also applied for a placement posted in Domestika, a Spanish site for designers, taking place in Design Studio 88. They answered saying that they gave the placements to someone else, but they think my work is really good and they wanted to keep my contact details for future opportunities. I answered that e-mail asking for feedback to improve and to start a dialogue, but haven't had any answers. Not sure if it was an automatic response.

When applying for typeform I even made a video introducing myself.

I thought getting placements was going to be an easier process, but it seems as hard as getting a job. I will put more focus on the studios I am really interested in and insist over and over again, either by phone, in person or however I can.

I became interested in a job offer about Art Direction in Barcelona, and asked questions about it to the poster but got nothing back.

No comments:

Post a Comment