Thursday 29 October 2015

Man on Wire

A couple of days ago the Film Club projected the film Man on Wire which surprised me making me consider it one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen.

First of all I think is very important to highglight the expression of Phillipe's face when he is telling about the story and speaking about dreams. He must be a very inspirational individual. He does magic speaking, like telling a group of kids a fairy tale. I also loved how he used his injury to investigate the World Trade Centre from the inside... a highly creative man.

When I saw him crossing the Notre Damme towers on the wire I felt vertigo. I love the concept he has created of art going against the law but not hurting anyone. He did not mind to die while he was doing what he loves the most.

Important to highlight the incredible work by James Marsh in edition and the use of music, made me feel love for something I do not know about! I felt really happy when I saw the images of Phillipe on the wire between the twin towers. I had goosebumps for over a minute or so. Also the presentation of the characters with a spotlight, like doing a mockery of a crime crew.

I kept one quote to myself from that film:

"We are not going to die, we are going to live!"


No comments:

Post a Comment