Saturday 17 October 2015

The Sandpit


During a briefing session with Danny the other day he showed us a video called The Sandpit, filmed and edited to achieve a tilt-shift effect.


Since my background is mostly as videographer I found this video really interesting because it made me think: "Wait, is this real or they are miniatures? Ah, no... they are miniatures. Hold on... no!" and I do normally not get cheated easily in cinematographic terms, so it got my attention right away! 

It seems to be the video with best result of tilt-shift effect, and I second that statement after checking others. The fast motion effect also gives the situations a feel of lightness, like if the objects were mere toys. I was stunned by this video as the effect it self is simple, but difficult to achieve a good level of quality. Great effect to keep in mind for possible future projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment