Sunday 11 October 2015

Light Night Leeds


Last Friday who were in Leeds was able to enjoy Light Night Leeds event all around the city center. The town welcomed the festival with multiple stands, performances, spectacles and countless activities.


I took the opportunity to visit the Art Gallery where an exposition related to lighting was taking place. One thing that got my attention was that they had a croissant exposed but it was out of the sight field. You had to look up and it was pending from a column. I asked to the employees (one of them did not notice it) and they explained me it was there to cast a shadow when the light was right. I found it fun. I tried to visit the exposition in the City Hall, but it was way too full and I could not think of a way to enjoy it with all that people.

I also went to Vernon St. to see the projection on the Leeds College of Art building. It was quite abstract, but I think it tried to tell us the audience that talent is waiting to be released from the building, the sparks on the edges like trying to open a door suggested that. I did not really get other projections, but I think they tried to convey intellectual and artistic activity through organic abstract shapes and motion. The projection was manipulable, as there was a tactile screen where a person could move and draw objects.

Apart from that I enjoyed the performances taking place all over the town. I especially liked one done by 3 dancers. It was very hypnotising and psychedelic, and the stage was definitely unusual. Sadly, I had to go home earlier because of a personal issue. But the time I spent in town during the event was full of art, energy and, of course, lights!






No comments:

Post a Comment